Saturday, October 13, 2007
Today we have officially owned our house for one year! We closed on Friday the 13th last year. And at about this time last year I was sitting in the cold doing what very little cleaning that needed to be done (The previous owners kept it very, very clean) and figuring out where I wanted the furniture to go. Any way, to celebrate this James is currently at the store buying a new home theater system and DVD player. And he promised by the time I get home from work tonight it will be all set up on the new entertainment stand thats been sitting in the middle of our living room for the last few weeks. So on Monday I should have pictures to post showing the change! For now though I gotta get ready to go to work.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Ok, not really crying, more like cussing. But the milk really did explode! A littler bit of info up front-I have post concussion disorder. I'll explain this later. Anyway, back to the milk. On my way home with pizza James called and told me to use the front door. I didn't think anything about it. He met me on the porch to take the pizza and I said it smells horrible out here. I walked into the house and gagged! Immediately lost my appetite. I asked what the hell that smell was and he told me the milk exploded. I asked "what milk?" He said "That gallon on the floor by the refridgerator" My response "what gallon of milk on the floor?" His "the one you said you were going to take out 2 months ago" Oh, shit! I went to open the door to the dining room and he stopped me. He said the smell was even worse in there! So I sat there with this yummy pizza in front of me (Bobe's-my favorite) and couldn't eat it. I finally gave up, went to Wal Mart and bought a mask, gloves and bleach. I already have bleach and gloves, but it was so bad I didn't want to search for them. I went in armed with all these things, a bucket, and a mop. I mopped up the standing milk and then mopped the floor 5 times, bleached the fridge, microwave, door handle, all painted surfaces, the trash can, pretty much everything on that side of the room. And then Lysoled everything. Tomorrow I am going to bleach it again and scrub the floor with a brush cause I'm OCD like that. The rank, nasty smell is gone. Replaced by bleach and Lysol. I wish I could say leson learned, but probably not. Which brings me back to the post concussion disorder. If you have never heard about of it, its what happens when a concussion is misdiagnosed. I had no clue what it was until my neurologist explained it. This is the result of a bad car accident 3 years ago. I'm not going to go into all the details, but since then I forget things all the time. My memory is crap, and there is no cure for it. Its really bad, and really, really frustrating! So as much as I'd like to say this milk incident will never happen again, it just might. And I'm actually thankful for the really crappy linoleum in the kitchen, because we have no idea when it happened since we were gone for 11 hours today!