Monday, June 23, 2008

It's like a scab...

You just want to pick at it until it's gone.
This is a wall in our kitchen. This is also the only room in the house with wallpaper. I noticed today that there was some separation at the top of the paper (it only covers about half the wall) and it was bugging me while I was trying to do dishes so I stopped what I was doing and picked at it a little. I thought there would only be one layer of wallpaper and I'd just have the top a little messed up. I guess that's what I get for thinking. I've read enough blogs and talked to enough people to know that it's never that easy. What is there looks to be plaster, paint, wallpaper, paint, cardboard, wallpaper, paint, and more wallpaper. And there may be a few more layers in there. I may be missing something, but I have no idea why there would be cardboard. So all together the kitchen has been neon green, sky blue, dark striped paper, a brown color, and the curent white/flowered paper. I'm not exactly sure what the cardboard has to do with anything, but it's under a couple of layers in there.

And now I'm going to have a whole lot of ugly in my kitchen for a while because I just can't stop picking and I promised I wouldn't do anything in there until the dining room is done, and that's going to be a while. Great.

No comments: