Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I saw a picture of our house on the front page of houseblogs and it's been bugging me. I couldn't figure it out at first. Yes, I know I had the angle of the camera off, but that wasn't it. So I opened up the original on my computer so I could get a really good look at it...and I finally figured it out!
It looks like a porch post is missing! There is no evidence that one has been removed though. So now I'm going to have to do some investigating to find out why it looks like that. And fix it because it's driving me crazy. And yes, I realize that if we have lived here for a year and a half and I just noticed it that probably no one else ever has. It's just one of those things. You know what I mean?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't see it at first but now I do. Perhaps that overhang part is added on. The 3 posts seem evenly spaced and there is no support block underneath the porch where a post would have gone that it would need it as the overhang doesn't look like it has much weight to it. And the overhang, though cute, doesn't frame steps or an entry to anything. It is is original? If it is then maybe that front window was the original entry door? Is that a cement pad or step under the porch that is under the overhang? Lots to investigate!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little house!

BeccaMarie said...

Thank you! It's actually a little bigger than it looks in this picture...it goes about 70 feet back!