Saturday, April 12, 2008

I think I jinxed the weather

On Wednesday it was warm (mid-70's) and sunny. I got to open the windows for the first time this year! I looked at the thermostat to see what the temp was inside and noticed that the thermostat was set at 57...not off, but 57.

Me: Why did you set the thermostat at 57? Why not off if you're going to set it that low?
James: Thought about turning it off but left it at 57 in case we get a freak snow storm.
Me: Yeah, ok, like that's going to happen.

It's now Saturday and our high is 45 with a chance of snow tonight. And it was 57 degrees in here when I woke up. Open mouth, insert foot...I should have never made my last comment.

And now James gets to say "Told ya so"

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Ah, yes. Been there done that... and it is snowing here... sigh.

Jennifer said...

Ha! We got snow a few days ago. I always just leave our furnace thermostat set to it's extremely low winter temps... I figure if the house actually gets below 54 at night I want it to heat no matter the season.