Saturday, August 4, 2007

This is our house!


The person I contacted on ancestry.com is a descendent! Joseph Marter, who built our house, is her great grandfather. And she sent me this picture! This is our house in the 1800's! I can't believe this! Thats Joseph and Elizabeth Marter, some of their children, and some livestock.
And...thats our kitchen and dining room! How great is that?!
Yesterday we knew really nothing about our house...today we know a little bit more, and have a picture of it and the family that built it!


3 comments:

The SullaVinos: said...

That picture is incredible. What a lovely home.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am the one that sent you the picture. Hope to hear from you. My nephew and I would like to come down some week-end and see the house.
rose lee

BeccaMarie said...

It's nice to hear from you! Unfortunately our house is a construction zone right now, so we're not having any visitors because we don't want to take a chance of any one to getting hurt (nails, paneling piled against walls, stacks of ceiling tiles, tools everywhere). We even cancelled our Christmas dinner because of it! Once we get it cleaned up though we'd love to have you visit.