Thursday, August 16, 2007

Yard sale prep sucks

Nothing exciting to post about today. I realized that summer is almost over and I still don't have everything ready for our yard sale so today I started going though piles of clothes to get rid of. And realized I still have things from middle school in my closet. That was 10 years ago! I am sticking to the rule that if I haven't worn it in 2 years its gotta go...and I'm really struggling with it. Its a lot harder than it sounds. I have an unusual attachment to my clothes. There are a few things that I refuse to part with though...formal dresses, high school t-shirts (I'm going to have a quilt made out of them). There's a lot of other things too...books, lights, Foreman grills, crockpots, coats, entertainment center, 2 computer desks, movies, CD's, a paintball gun, wedding decorations, and if we get really lucky we'll find a buyer for our boat and a 69 Chevy Cheyenne. There's a lot more stuff, but its kind of a waste of time to list everything. Basically this sale is a result of our getting married. When I got my first place I had a lot of things given to me, which was great. Then me and James moved in together (luckily he had never lived on his own so he didn't have much) and we started upgrading some things. Then we got married and ended up with even more better things. But we really don't need 3 computer desks, 5 forman grills, 5 crockpots, and 3 sets of silverware. Its a little excessive. Well, I gotta get back to this junk or it'll never get done. It's going to be a huge sale, so if you're in the area come and check it out (its not going to be for a little while though). I think my mother in law is also putting some things in there and some other people want to put some things in, so it may end up being bigger!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.