Monday, February 4, 2008

More dining room

I forgot...the walls look great underneath too!
And I got most of the carpet out last week.
That is water damage. A lot of it. I have no idea what its from, and I guess it doesn't really matter since its already done. The wood is still in great shape over all. Nice and solid, no creaking. We didn't want to sand the floor since its already been done once, but I think we may have to. I'm not sure how stain will go over that with out sanding. And there is still some of that nasty carpet left. I am unable to move furniture or lift anything heavy, so I cut the carpet out in small strips around the furniture.

Well, since I can't do anything else in there today, I'm going to work on the bedroom and get caught up on laundry. Since I'm not working I am slowly tearing the house apart room by room. Cleaning, decluttering, organizing...all that fun stuff. Actually its not fun at all, but it is nice to have the house neat. Unfortunately I have this problem that I hate housework, so it usually doesn't get done unless I have a reason. Don't get me wrong, I do the basics, but anything more usually just doesn't get done. So there were piles of clutter covered in dust, but not any more. I have the kitchen, dining room, living room, and bathroom done so far.

No comments: