Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oops

I almost forgot to post this...
The flourescent light that was mounted over the sink dies a few months ago. While we were at Menards the other day we got a new one. Changing them out was no big deal, not much work required. What we had not noticed before was that the cord to the old one actually ran behind the cabinets. Like the cabinets were mounted over the cord. James was pulling on it and it wouldn't budge, so he gave it a good yank...and a piece of the cabinet went flying! He looked at me and said "You didn't want to keep these cabinets any way, did you?" and my response was "I think you just decided for me". The next time I get to a store I'm going to get some wood glue to put the piece back and hope that makes it not so noticeable. And we have decided to go with the open shelving when we do the cabinets.


Let this be a lesson to everyone...when putting up new cabinets don't run appliance cords between them and the wall. Appliances do go bad, and you don't want to either ruin your cabinets or have to take them down and put them back up to get the cord out.

No comments: